Download An Application Pack
We are looking for a talented artist to come and deliver workshops on the Inclusive Arts Course for 18 months from Sept 2019
We are looking for a talented artist to come and deliver workshops on the Inclusive Arts Course for 18 months from Sept 2019.
You will work from Monday to Friday (between 8am and 5pm, lunch break noon to 2pm) at the Epic Arts Centre with students with and without disabilities to teach daily dance workshops. The role will include weekly lesson planning and working to set course outcomes, workshop delivery, assessments and evaluations of the students on the course on a termly basis along with general admin duties. As well as teaching workshops to teach basic skills, you will also be required to teach the students how to plan and deliver a workshop.
The students will learn technical and performance skills as well as workshop delivery skills and then they will share these as part of a tour to organisations and schools at the end of the year. The overall aim of the course is to promote a more inclusive society through the arts and teaching this message to the students will be key to your job
As the Inclusive Arts Course is part of our Inclusive Education Program, you will also be responsible for contributing your creative ideas towards other projects. You may be asked to create or lead workshops for our Special Education and Community Programmes, that provide opportunities for learning disabled and disadvantaged children in the community.
This position is a chance to develop your inclusive teaching and creative skills in the arts and we are looking for people with artistic skill, creativity, energy and enthusiasm and some experience of working in an inclusive arts setting with people with a range of abilities.
Personal Attributes required
- A dedicated hard working and flexible team Player
- Genuinely believe that Every Person Counts
- Be a very clear communicator
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Be able to prioritise the overall aim of the orgnanisation above all personal agendas
- Be able to work independently
- Be able to live and work away from friends and family
- Enjoy travel and able to cope with the rigors of Cambodia (It’s nearly always over 30 degrees! Sometimes there are tummy bugs! There are Cockroaches, Rats and all manner of small beasties but we tend not to encounter them too often!
What we do not cover
- The cost of your flight to and from Cambodia
- Cost of your travel to and from Phnom Penh
- Travel insurance
- Medical Care
The Dance Tutor position will commence September/October 2019 for 18 months, duration to be negotiated with the successful candidate. Contact us for more information about this opportunity.
To apply, please complete the Application Form and send it along with your CV to Anthony@epicarts.org.uk