Download An Application Pack
We’re looking for someone to support our Country Director and Cambodian Management Team.An exciting opportunity to oversee all Epic Arts Progammes, Including Social Enterprise, Inclusive Education and Community Arts Programmes. A fast paced & hands on role that will suit a good communicator.
We’re interested in hearing from a king/queen of communicating, an excellent and proven team player who can fit right into our close knit work force to provide support to our young and hungry management team. The candidate will need to talk the talk when it comes to reporting to donors and be up for working amongst the rigours of a very hot developing country. In return, you get to call the most beautiful place in Cambodia home and work with the most wonderful people imaginable.
Based at Epic Arts Centre in Kampot, Cambodia, the General Manager’s main role is to oversee and monitor activities related to all the exciting programmes and projects at Epic Arts Cambodia and report to the Co-Directors and Country Management team on the progress.
The role does not involve any strategic management of the organization and is mainly a supportive and monitoring role. Please be aware this is a technical and logistical role rather than a creative and artistic role. The General Manager acts as eyes and ears for the Co-Directors and is a member of the Country Management Team.
Line Managers: Co-Directors
Onn Sokny (Country Director) and Anthony Evans (International Director)
- Oversee and monitor the delivery of all work plans and activities related to projects and report weekly to Co-Directors on progress
- Oversee and monitor delivery of all work plans and activities related to programmes and report weekly to Co-Directors on progress
- Oversee and monitor the progress of each programme areas against yearly plans and report weekly to Co-Directors on progress
- Monitor Google Calendar and work with key programme staff to ensure it is up-to-date for all projects and programmes
- Working closely with the Country Director and Country Management Team develop programme and project timetables and ensure that these are followed by all staff and students
- Working closely with the Co-Directors and Country Management Team ensure high quality standards and best practice is maintained in all areas
- When required work closely with the Co-Directors and Country Management Team to develop project work plans.
- Provide weekly reports to the Co-Directors on all areas of work in Cambodia
- Assist the Co-Directors and Country Management Team in the delivery of all programmes and projects
- Oversee and monitor visiting artists and support programme managers in their work with visiting artists ensuring high quality standard
- Monitor daily activities in Epic Arts Centre and report to the Co-Directors on staff and student activities
- Oversee programme objectives and programme handbooks and ensure that they are followed by programme managers
- Work closely with Human Resources and Co-Directors, ensure all internal policies are updated and current and support staff with appraisals of both staff and students when required
- Act as a mentor and advisor to the Country Management Team and develop their skills and knowledge in project management and arts management
- Act as rule model and representative of Epic Arts, within and outside Epic Arts
- Uphold the Epic Arts values outlined in the Epic Manifesto and act as an inclusive ambassador at all times
Personal Qualities and Skills
- A highly organized person able to manage a number of different tasks to a high level of quality at all times.
- Have experience of project planning and scheduling as well as implementation of project plans
- Be practical and able to think logistically
- Be able to write and present clear activity reports and keep detailed records of progress
- Be an effective communicator able to communicate on a variety of levels with different people including staff, students, local and foreign staff
- Be an excellent role model to developing arts managers in the organization and will support them to develop their skills within their role
- Have high standards and an inclusive and adaptable approach to your work
- Be independent and able to work well as an individual and as a part of a team
- Have the ability to mentor and support others to develop their skills and knowledge
- Have knowledge of the arts and arts management
- Have excellent people skills and a high level of emotional intelligence
- Be a strong problem-solver and an active listener
Deadline for applications: Friday 20th January 2017
Start date for successful candidate: Negotiable but before April 2017
- We will provide a volunteer bursary of $450/month to cover basic food and accommodation costs.
- Epic Arts do reimburse any costs incurred by Visa/Work permits.
- Epic Arts do not provide flights or transport costs to/from Cambodia.
- Epic Arts do not cover Medical Insurance costs.