Download An Application Pack
Community Dance Tutor
We are looking for a talented artist to come to Cambodia for 6 – 12 months to deliver workshops on the Inclusive Arts Course.
You’ll work Monday to Friday (between 8am and 5pm, lunch break noon to 2pm) at the Epic Arts Centre in Kampot to teach daily dance workshops to students with and without disabilities. The role will include weekly lesson planning, working to set course outcomes, workshop delivery, assessments and evaluations of the students on the course on a termly basis along with general admin duties.
As well as leading workshops to teach dance skills, you will also be required to teach the students how to plan and deliver a workshop. The students will learn technical and performance/exhibition skills as well as workshop delivery skills. They will share these as part of a tour to organisations and schools at the end of the year. The overall aim of the course is to promote a more inclusive society through the arts and teaching this message to the students will be key to your job.
The Inclusive Arts Course is part of our Inclusive Education Program and you’ll also be responsible for contributing creative ideas towards other projects. Each week you’ll assist our staff in leading workshops, in your art form, for our Special Education Program that provides education for people with learning disabilities in Cambodia.
This position is a chance to develop your inclusive teaching and creative skills in the arts and we are looking for people with artistic skill, creativity, energy and enthusiasm and some experience of working in an inclusive arts setting with people with a range of abilities.
Personal Attributes required
- A dedicated hard working and flexible team Player
- Genuinely believe that Every Person Counts
- Be a very clear communicator
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Be able to prioritise the overall aim of the orgnanisation above all personal agendas
- Be able to work independently
- Be able to live and work away from friends and family
- Enjoy travel and able to cope with the rigors of Cambodia (It’s nearly always over 30 degrees! Sometimes there are tummy bugs! There are Cockroaches, Rats and all manner of small beasties but we tend not to encounter them too often!)
What will we provide?
- Training and preparation for the Inclusive Arts Course
- Dedicated support and a welcoming khmer and western team on the ground in Cambodia
- A basic room in our volunteer apartment in Kampot Town with hot shower, western toilet and wifi access (It can sometimes be slow! But hey, this is Cambodia! )
- Electricity and running Water in the volunteer apartment
- 50% Discount on food and drinks at Epic Arts Café in Kampot
- Language and Cambodian Sign Language Translation for all your workshops
- Resources for your workshops
- An expenses fee of US$300 per month to cover meals for the period of the post. It is advisable you have more savings or other income to fund activities you may want to do as part of your time in Asia to supplement the meal contribution.
- Visa costs
- A bicycle for you to get around town
What we do not cover
- The cost of your flight to and from Cambodia
- Cost of your travel to and from Phnom Penh
- Travel insurance
- Medical Care
The Community Dance Tutor position will commence August 2016 for 6 to 12 months, duration to be negotiated with the successful candidate. For more information Download the Application Pack.
To apply, please complete the Application Form and send it along with your CV to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications – Saturday 25th June 2016